Followers

Thursday, June 1, 2017

LOVE TO SCRAP CHALLENGE #98 BOYZ RULE!

Hi There Crafty Friends,
  I'm wanting to let you know there is a new challenge starting today at...
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog
The theme for this challenge is...
Boyz Rule!
Our sponsors this month are...

Here's my inspiration card using 'Kidz Boy Fishing'...
Here's what I used to make my card...
Digistamp By: Bugaboo Digi Stamps
Marco Raffine Colored Pencils  
The Paper Studio 4.5"x6.5" 'Country Road' 
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 'Woodlands by Tim Holtz'
Unbranded Frame Die
Handmade 'By My Hubby' Fly Fishing Lure
Fishing Net: Coffee Stained Gauge, Toothpick, Wired Flower Stem
Turquoise/White Cardstock Paper

Here's how I made it...
After cutting the patterned paper to fit the center of the card, I taped it in place. Then I glued the tree die cut onto the top left side of the card. Next I cut the image out with the frame die, then taped it onto the center left side of the card. I then glued the fishing net and fly onto the top right side of the image. 
How I made the fishing net, with my hubby's help: Using a piece of flower stem I had cut off (with a small part of the wrapped paper on it), I made it into a circle and glued the ends together. Then I cut off a square piece of gauge. Bringing the ends of the gauge up through the stem circle then over the top and around, I glued it in place. After cutting off the ends of a toothpick, I glued one end just below the stem circle, where the wrapped paper is, as it is thicker there.
Note about the Fly...Hubby makes them look wonderful, hence using one of his on my card. Now mine on the other hand don't look so well 'kinda sickly, poor things'...he has made several jokes about my poor "bugs" as I call them, lol. But I tend to do my own thing and not follow any set pattern and guess what...the fish seem to like them, LOL.

I hope you like my DT card and it will give you some inspiration. :)
Come on and join us in the fun!
Happy Crafty Hugs,
Sherry x

I entered this card in these challenges...
Bugaboo Stamps/Catch the Bug  - A Color Challenge
 Cards und More #185 - Father's Day
Cardz 4 Guyz #170 - Favorite Color Combo
Retarte Challenge #98 - Anything Goes
Rubbernecker Stamps Challenge #10 - Father's Day
The Male Room Challenge #61 - Die Cuts
Craft Rocket Challenges #38 For - The Men/Boys
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge #70 -  Cookie Photo
DL Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #205 - Boys and/or Men
Victorine Originals Challenge #3 - Fathers
Pearly Sparkles Challenge #17 - Masculine 

35 comments:

  1. Oh so adorable! It's nice when hubby can help out! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! Yes, it's nice when hubby can help me! :) Hugs! x

      Delete
  2. Super coloring, embellishments and colors of nature. Great job!
    Thanks for sharing with us over at Catch the Bug, good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is just brilliant, looks like he's been in the water with the fish! Love you extra elements and your beautiful colouring. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
    Yaiza DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is adorable!!! I love how you placed the tree die cut and your net is awesome!! And, of course, the lure is fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so cute!!! and what a brilliant idea to use an authentic fly on your card! i'm impressed with your embellishments, your husband does a fantastic job!! and such a good idea to use this toothpick! hee hee this card is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Shuly! I'll be sure and tell my hubby what you said. :) x

      Delete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. The colouration is very nice. Fishing is definitely one of the men's hobbies.
    Thanks for playing along with our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card! I love the image you used on it. SO fun! It would be perfect to enter into the Victorine Originals "Father's Day" challenge at vostamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Beth! I will go there now. :) x

      Delete
    2. Yay! I am so glad that you entered into Victorine Originals' Father's Day Challenge! Your card is so CUTE!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so very much Beth! :) x

      Delete
  10. Sherry this is just a darling card! I love it! Thank you for joining us at the Victorine Originals Designs "Father's Day Challenge"! Hope to see you again soon! DT Christi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tree border of your card.well done. Thanks for joining us at 'If you give a crafter a cookie'. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is great! I love that fly! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sherry, thanks so much für joining us at the CardsUndMore-Challengeblog - I love your project, well done! Make sure to check back on Tuesday to see who won and made the Top 3!
    Hugs, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! what wonderful detail you have put into this fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room die challenge. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this an adorable make... perfection. Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my gosh, I LOVE how you added the net and the fly; that is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Victorine Originals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so very much Deanne! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I enjoy reading them. :)